Executive Vice Chairman of Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Prof. Umar Garba Danbatta has today in Lagos unveiled 8-point agenda aimed at growing telecoms industry from 2015 to 2020.
In a passionate and comprehensive presentation during an international press conference, the Danbatta said his leadership will focus on ‘’the 8-point pillars rest on a tripod of ‘A’s which include Availability of service, Accessibility of Service and Affordability of Service in line with the Buhari Change agenda.
IT NEWS NIGERIA gathered that the pillars of growth and development of the industry will include the following:
- Facilitate Broadband Penetration
- Improve Quality of Service
- Optimize Usage and Benefits of Spectrum
- Promote ICT Innovation and Investment Opportunities
- Facilitate Strategic Collaboration and Partnership
- Protect and Empower Consumers
- Promote Fair Com[petition and Inclusive Growth
- Ensure Regulatory Excellence and Operational Efficiency
He noted that the new agenda will promote innovation, investment and competition alongside consumer empowerment in line with current government vision.
Speaking further, the EVC said ‘’this strategic vision 2015-2020 is a way setting out the foundations for future growth and competitiveness that will be sustainable and inclusive and would address our principal societal challenges as a nation’’
He also added that NCC’s aim is to ensure that services must be available, affordable, and accessible to Nigerians. He also added we must create platforms for social benefit which will be targeted at the nation’s growth.
Danbatta noted that ideas drive the world today and Nigeria must create wealth through application knowledge and creativity.