IT News Nigeria:
Five weeks after state-wide lockdown of Lagos by government,
Plentywaka, the technology-driven ride-hailing service, has resumed operation with the launch of Plentywaka Staff Bus Solutions, an innovative service aimed at provide staff bus solutions to corporate organizations.
The company announced this within the week, adding that it has put in place measure “to ensure the safety of our pilots, vehicle assistants, and riders, we set up safety measures that would be enforced as we operate.”
IT News Nigeria gathered that the staff bus service is an exclusive bus service powered by technology to provide staff bus solutions to corporate organizations. The goal, it added, is to provide premium dedicated buses to organizations to ease the stress of transportation of staff to and from work especially in these times of the pandemic.
In light of the announcement made by the Federal Government on the controlled easing of the lockdown starting from Monday, 4th of May 2020, and the Lagos state govt’s directive on the mode of operations for transport businesses, Plentywaka began full operations on Tuesday, the 5th of May 2020 from 6:00 am — 6: 00 pm.
As regards riders’ safety, Plentywaka stated that:
- All Plentywaka vehicles have been cleaned and fumigated to ensure our vehicles are free from any form of germs or viruses.
- The seating arrangement has been adjusted to ensure social distancing for all riders. Starting on Tuesday, we will be running 60% Capacity on all buses. i.e only 8 riders will be allowed into the 14 seater buses and 16 for the coaster Buses.
- All Pilots and Vehicle Assistants have been instructed to wear their face masks, and gloves at all times.
- Hand sanitizers will continue to remain in all buses and this will be used at the point of entry. Also, towels and disinfectant wipes have been made available to clean all seats at all times.
Furthermore, the company said riders must adhere strictly to the following safety guidelines to stem spread of the pandemic:
- All riders are mandated to wear face masks on board at all times.
- Social distancing will be enforced on the vehicles as much as we can.
- Air conditioning will be switched off in and off transit.
- Operation time will be from 6 am-6 pm daily to accommodate the curfew set by the government.
- Riders with visible signs of illness will not be allowed on board.
- Touching of other riders is prohibited. Kindly avoid hugging, handshakes, and physical touches as much as possible.
- Use of QR Code scanning for check-ins and check-outs will be enabled to minimize contact with the VAs.
In light of the current pandemic caused by COVID-19, there have been growing concerns for all sizes of organizations seeking safer ways to commute for their staff daily. This solution was developed for this purpose to help organizations achieve employee satisfaction, safer commute to and from work, foster team bonding amongst staff, save the cost of managing an in-house fleet of transportation amongst others. Happy, well-rested employees equates to higher retention and job satisfaction, Plentywaka stated.