EATI 2020 or Emerging Applications and Technologies for Industry 4.0 is the theme of NCS International Conference which is slated on Tuesday 11th to Thursday 13th of August 2020 virtually.
IT News Nigeria:
The President of Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), Prof. Adesina Sodiya has announced today that its International Conference will hold on the Tuesday 11th to Thursday 13th of August 2020 via online.
According to him, this conference provide a unique opportunity for attendees to link up to the Conference at the comfort of their homes and offices.
“Participants should look forward to amazing opportunities to exchange new ideas, gain new insights, build relationships with stakeholders, promote IT professionalism, share best practices, establish standards, develop business or research relations, and find global partners for future collaborations.
“Manufacturers, industry experts. academics, professionals, innovators, service providers, researchers, suppliers, consultants, students, youth innovators and entrepreneurs, as well as policy makers in government and business people will come together to connect for the betterment of our nation.”
He noted that high profile dignitaries from government, private and educational sectors, as well as from the international and global IT environment are expected to grace the event. NCS is preparing for the best and has assembled an impressive line-up of leading researchers, entrepreneurs, educators, industry experts, thought leaders, international scholars and subject matter experts as speakers and resource persons to share their extensive knowledge and experiences on the theme and sub themes. I want to assure you that attendees will benefit greatly from their wealth of knowledge and insights.
The president said at a press briefing International Conference is the biggest and most influential IT event in Nigeria.
“On behalf of NCS, it is with great pleasure that I inform you that the International Conference of the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) will hold from Tuesday 11th to Thursday 13th of August 2020 virtually, with the theme “Emerging Applications and Technologies for Industry 4.0 (EATI 2020),” he said.
In the last forty two years of NCS existence, our conference venue has been rotated amongst the six geopolitical zones in the Country. Even the 2020 conference was initially scheduled to hold in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State before the pandemic. Interestingly, this is the first time NCS will be holding virtual Conference in the history of this society. The challenge posed by COVID-19 reaffirms the need for Information Technology Professionals to change their strategies. Infact, Covid-19 has introduced a new normal paradigm shift which the whole is currently battling with.
The theme of the conference was carefully and scientifically chosen in order to provide the needed technological supports for industries in this modern society. Industry 4.0 or the Fourth Industrial revolution is simply about smart manufacturing. The technological components of industry 4.0 are full process and production line automation; intelligent control of cyber-physical systems; and adoption of Internet of things (IoT), robotics, big data analytics, cloud computing, and machine learning. As a nation, our industries must leverage on these technologies for enhanced profitability and economic well-being.
The conference will focus on important issues related to the theme and sub themes such as:
- Innovative Strategies for addressing cybersecurity and privacy challenges in industry 4.0
- A New Generation of Cyber Physical Systems in the Era of AI
- Identity and Population management strategies for stimulating digital Economy
- Youth Innovation and Sustainable Productivity
- Future Learning
- The Future University: Academia-Industry collaboration for Industry 4.0
- Applications and Techniques in Industry 4.0
- Applications and Techniques in High Performance Computing and Networks
- Technology governance, Policy and Regulatory framework
- Smart manufacturing: Implications for Small, Medium and Large-Scale Enterprises
- Connectivity Infrastructural Requirements for Industry 4.0
- Financial Systems and Services for Industry 4.0
This year’s International Conference will provide a multi-stakeholder forum to examine pertinent considerations in showcasing emerging applications and technologies to achieving fourth industrial revolution that will lead to Sustainable Development. Engagement opportunities will be explored during the Conference to present and develop effective strategies, creative approaches and practical solutions.
Specific highlights of the conference include Official Opening and Keynotes, Plenary and Parallel Sessions, Technical Sessions, Seminars, Induction of New Members, Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Platform, Exhibition and Products Launch, Public Sector ICT Showcase, networking, NITDA session, National IT Competitions, Fellows’ Forum and Annual General Meeting.
A new and most exciting feature and highlight at this year’s conference is the NCS President Award for distinguished personalities and groups in IT industry and winners of NCS organised competitions
Most notable about the annual NCS conference are the unparalleled opportunities for self-development, networking, partnership, recognition and advocacy opportunities. It is hard to find any forum that will provide you with the unique one-to-one interaction and networking experiences at NCS conferences.
About Nigeria Computer Society
NCS is the umbrella body of all IT professionals, interest groups and stakeholders in Nigeria. With about 15,000 members, spread across all the states of the federation, NCS remains the only national IT society with highly-skilful and dependable domain experts in various fields of Information Technology. NCS, with major interest groups (ISPON, ITAN, NiWIIT, ITSSP, AITP, NITPCS) and structural organs (College of Fellows, Chapters, NACOSS), remains committed to promoting and leapfrogging IT development in Nigeria.
5 Reasons You Should Attend “EATI’ 2020”
- Stress Free: #EATI2020 holds ONLINE, so you participate from the comfort of your home or office.
- Global Influence: Being an International conference gives you access to connect with both Foreign/Local Speakers and Participants.
- Value & Knowledge- Driven: #EATI2020 boasts of rich sub-themes ranging from Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Data Mining and other modern day technologies relevant for today’s applications, thus your participation gives you more insights into these new innovations.
- Risk-free & Cost-effective: Unlike previous conferences requiring travelling & hotel accommodation, this year’s conference will save you 70% cost.
- Enhanced Credit Rating: As IT Practitioners, attending NCS Conference increases your professional and academic ratings. Your participation will earn you 3 units of Professional Development credit units.
EATI 2020 Confirmed Guest Speakers :
- Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami), Hon. Minister of Communication and Digital Economy.
- Dr. Adesola Kazeem Adeduntan, Managing Director/CEO, First Bank Plc
- Mr. Christopher Painter, President, The Global forum on Cyber Expertise Foundatiom
- Engr. Aliyu A. Aziz, Director General, National Identity Management Commission
- MrKashifuInuwa Abdullahi, Director General, National Information Technology Development Agency
- Ms. Funke Opeke FNCS, Founder/CEOMainone
- Engr. Mansur Ahmed, President, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria
- Mr. Sunday Dare, Hon. Minister of Youths and Sports
- Dr. Joe Abah, Country Director, DAI
- Mr. Bharat Soni, Head, Information Security Group, GTBank plc
- Pfor. Xiaodong Liu, IEEE Senior member, Edinburgh Napier University
- Favour Ori, Founder/CEO, Wejapa Limited & FavCode54
- Sefunmi Fadahunsi, Oracle Academy
- Alfie Hamid, Regional Manager, Corporate Affairs, Cisco Systems
- Prof. Samuel FOSSO WAMBA, Information Systems and Head of Artificial and Business Analytics Cluster | Information, Operations and Management Sciences| TBS